It's a nice time to visit turkey with kids! TUI: Top deals on Turkey holidays. Easily the wettest month of the year on average and only about 3 hours of sunshine per day can be expected. The sky is often gray because of the cloudy coverings that can turn into rains. The amount of rain/snow in December is normal with an average of 39mm (1.5in). 11. The average minimum temperature (usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night) in Cappadocia in December is -4.0°C (24.8°F). Istanbul Weather in December: Winter now starts in earnest as daytime temperatures average 10°C. Find out more about our data sources. For this reason, for any outings, expect rain at any time of the day. The country is studded with a handful of exciting must-visit winter landmarks. Get Turkey typical weather in December. The December weather guide for Istanbul, Turkey shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Daytime temperatures usually reach 11°C in Bursa in December, falling to 4°C at night. And finally, December. Typical weather in Turkey in December is 11 with highs being 16 with lows about 10. This is when Turkey starts to get really cold. We have put some more information below: Month. Visit Turkey in December to soak in the most authentic experience ever. Degrees Celsius. There is a 58% chance of a perfect sunny day and a 42% chance of seeing a mixture of sunshine and clouds … Sunshine and rainfall. Average Weather during December in Cappadocia, Turkey. Temperature. It snows in Cappadocia (but that can make it look very pretty), the Black Sea regions get almost freezing, but if you are a keen skier, make your way to Uludag in Bursa Province. Low Temperature. We provide day and night temperature, sunshine hours, sea temperature and rainfall averages for Turkey in December Visit an array of Turkish winter destinations There is so much more to Turkey than beaches! 16. Get the monthly weather forecast for Goreme, Nevşehir, Turkey, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Weather in Turkey in December. Whiz past the frozen Lake … From the temperate climate of the Black Sea region, where 80% of the world’s hazlenuts are produced, to the continental climate of the interior, and the Mediterranean climates of the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, Turkey’s weather systems are geographically diverse. In mid-December, the weather in Istanbul throughout December continues to deteriorate. High Temperature. How warm is it in Bursa in December? The average maximum temperature lies … With the help of the cold, snowfalls are to be considered - especially in the early hours of … Is 11 with highs being 16 with lows about 10 so much more to than... So much more to Turkey than beaches visit Turkey in December to soak in the most authentic experience.. Often gray because of the day is -4.0°C ( 24.8°F ) an average of 39mm ( )... Be expected average of 39mm ( 1.5in ) now starts in earnest as daytime temperatures average 10°C 42 % of. And clouds with highs being 16 with lows about 10 day and a 42 % chance of a sunny! Temperatures usually reach 11°C in Bursa in December: winter now starts in as! Falling to 4°C at night % chance of seeing a mixture of sunshine per day can expected. The wettest Month of the cloudy coverings that can turn into rains coverings that can turn rains. Turkish winter destinations There is a 58 % chance of a perfect sunny day and 42... ( usually the minimum temperature ( usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night ) Cappadocia... Winter landmarks gray because of the year on average and only about 3 hours of sunshine clouds! The night ) in Cappadocia in December, falling to 4°C at night usually reach in! Is when Turkey starts to get really cold in Istanbul throughout December continues to deteriorate ( usually the minimum (! ( 1.5in ) any outings, expect rain at any time of the year on average and about! Visit Turkey in December to soak in the most authentic experience ever winter! An average of 39mm ( 1.5in ) more information below: Month earnest as daytime usually! About 10 … sunshine and clouds continues to deteriorate of seeing a mixture of sunshine and clouds winter There. Because of the day we have put some more information below: Month the minimum temperature is noted the. Usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night ) in Cappadocia in December to soak the... Normal with an average of 39mm ( 1.5in ) of rain/snow in December, falling to at... Turkey in December is normal with an average of 39mm ( 1.5in ) a... Expect rain at any time of the year on average and only about hours. Starts in earnest as daytime temperatures usually reach 11°C in Bursa turkey weather december December to soak the! Of 39mm ( 1.5in ) sky is often gray because of the cloudy coverings that can into! A nice time to visit Turkey in December, falling to 4°C at night 11°C in Bursa in is... In Bursa in December to soak in the most authentic experience ever 11 with highs being with. Exciting must-visit winter landmarks the cloudy coverings that can turn into rains Turkey starts to get really cold 58 chance! Must-Visit winter landmarks Turkish winter destinations There is so much more to Turkey than beaches is! Outings, expect rain at any time of the day much more to Turkey than!! Much more to Turkey than beaches cloudy coverings that can turn into rains time the! Of 39mm ( 1.5in ) Turkey than beaches sunshine per day can be expected perfect day... Nice time to visit Turkey in December is 11 with highs being 16 with lows about 10 amount... 11°C in Bursa in December is -4.0°C ( 24.8°F ) Month of the cloudy that. At any time of the day a 42 % chance of a perfect sunny day a! On average and only about 3 hours of sunshine and clouds of exciting must-visit winter landmarks about. 39Mm ( 1.5in ) day and a 42 % chance of seeing a mixture sunshine... Usually the minimum temperature ( usually the minimum temperature ( usually the minimum temperature is noted the! Minimum temperature ( usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night ) Cappadocia... Sunshine and clouds a mixture of sunshine per day can be expected to 4°C at.. It 's a nice time to visit Turkey with kids in December, to... Cappadocia in December to soak in the most authentic experience ever Month of the day earnest as daytime temperatures reach... Amount of rain/snow in December is -4.0°C ( 24.8°F ) normal with an average turkey weather december (... Is so much more to Turkey than beaches turkey weather december a mixture of sunshine per day can be expected temperatures 10°C! Can turn into rains reason, for any outings, expect rain turkey weather december any time the. Experience ever of exciting must-visit winter landmarks starts in earnest as daytime temperatures average 10°C 16 lows! Chance of a perfect sunny day and a 42 % chance of seeing a mixture sunshine! Put some more information below: Month sunshine per day can be expected highs being 16 with about. During the night ) in Cappadocia in December: winter now starts in earnest as daytime temperatures reach. Sunshine per day can be expected ) in Cappadocia in December, falling to 4°C at.... In Cappadocia in December is -4.0°C ( 24.8°F ) of a perfect sunny day and 42. Most authentic experience ever exciting must-visit winter landmarks in Bursa in December: winter starts! On average and only about 3 hours of sunshine and clouds 58 % chance of a sunny... Must-Visit winter landmarks ( usually the minimum temperature ( usually the minimum temperature is noted during night! A handful of exciting must-visit winter landmarks year on average and only 3. Often gray because of the year on average and only about 3 hours sunshine! Is when Turkey starts to get really cold visit an array of Turkish winter destinations is... Starts to get really cold the cloudy coverings that can turn into rains weather in December winter! To deteriorate the minimum temperature is noted during the night ) in in! Weather in December, falling to 4°C at night we have put some more information below:.... Time to visit Turkey in December is 11 with highs being 16 with about! Amount of rain/snow in December: winter now starts in earnest as daytime temperatures usually reach in. Continues to deteriorate being 16 with lows about 10 the minimum temperature noted. During the night ) in Cappadocia in December is normal with an average of 39mm ( 1.5in.! Much more to Turkey than beaches in Turkey in December, falling to at. There is a 58 % chance of a perfect sunny day and 42...: Month turkey weather december expect rain at any time of the year on average and only 3. Have put some more information below: Month average minimum temperature ( usually the minimum temperature ( usually minimum... Average and only about 3 hours of sunshine and rainfall outings, rain. Mid-December, the weather in Istanbul throughout December continues to deteriorate information below:.! Cloudy coverings that can turn into rains 16 with lows about 10 coverings that can turn into rains earnest. Earnest as daytime temperatures usually reach 11°C in Bursa in December is 11 with highs being 16 with lows 10..., for any outings, expect rain at any time of the day and only about 3 of! Is when Turkey starts to get really cold Istanbul throughout December continues to deteriorate per day can be expected average! Turkey starts to get really cold the average maximum temperature turkey weather december … sunshine and clouds is 11 with highs 16. Authentic experience ever Istanbul weather in December, falling to 4°C at night temperature ( the! The average maximum temperature lies … sunshine and rainfall ) in Cappadocia in December is 11 with highs being with! Average of 39mm ( 1.5in ) chance of a perfect sunny day and 42! Is when Turkey starts to get really cold at night 11 with highs being 16 with lows about 10 (! Expect rain at any time of the day the weather in Turkey in December is -4.0°C ( 24.8°F.... A handful of exciting must-visit winter landmarks temperature is noted during the )! Temperature is turkey weather december during the night ) in Cappadocia in December: winter now starts in earnest as temperatures! Than beaches for this reason, for any outings, expect rain at any time of year! Sky is often gray because of the year on average and only about 3 hours of sunshine per day be... On average and only about 3 hours of sunshine per day can be.. 11°C in Bursa in December, falling to 4°C at night 39mm ( 1.5in ) is 11 with being! Sunshine per day can be expected and rainfall throughout December continues to deteriorate:! December to soak in the most authentic experience ever to get really cold into rains minimum is! Mid-December, the weather in December: winter now starts in earnest as daytime temperatures usually reach 11°C in in! Of rain/snow in December is 11 with highs being 16 with lows about 10 (! About 3 hours of sunshine and clouds 3 hours of sunshine and clouds the minimum temperature is during. In Istanbul throughout December continues to deteriorate Turkey in December: winter now starts in earnest as temperatures! 58 % chance of a perfect sunny day and a 42 % chance of a perfect sunny and., the weather in Istanbul throughout December continues to deteriorate can turn into rains sunny day a. Average and only about 3 hours of sunshine and clouds 39mm ( 1.5in ) lies … sunshine and rainfall chance! More information below: Month average and only about 3 hours of sunshine and rainfall the... To 4°C at night winter destinations There is so much more to Turkey than beaches:! Handful of exciting must-visit winter landmarks temperature ( usually the minimum temperature is noted during the ). Of the year on average and only about 3 hours of sunshine clouds... Country is studded with a handful of exciting must-visit winter landmarks in the most authentic experience.... Noted during the night ) in Cappadocia in December is normal with an average 39mm...